Commuters will now be able to address their problems to the railway officials on twitter
The Railway Board has issued a directive to the Railway Protection Force (RPF), Government Railway Police (GRP) officials through out the country to make their own twitter accounts in order to assist the commuters via social media.
The railway board has directed every RPF and GRP inspector in charge of every station to make a twitter account where people will be able to tweet their problems and approach the police officials directly.
A Railway official said, “This initiative is taken keeping in mind the problems of the commuters. Everybody has access to the social media networking site twitter and one can easily reach anybody. This is the reason that the Railway Minister has asked all RPF, GRP station inspectors along with the security commissioners to operate a twitter account where commuters could directly connect with them for any complains or suggestions.”
As of now the commuters can tweet their complaints and suggestions on:
- Railway Minister : @sureshpprabhu
- Indian Railways : @RailMinIndia,
- Central Railway , General Manager : @gm_crly
- Divisional Railway Manager (DRM), Central Railway : @drmmumbaicr Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Central Railway
- General Manager Western Railway : @Gmwrly
- Divisional Railway Manager (DRM) Western Railway : @drmbct